Classes below are held at:
Dance Visions Studios, Units 7 & 8, Kingfisher Business Park, Henwood, Ashford, TN24 8DG
BENEFITS OF BALLET LESSONS FOR ADULTS
1) Ballet is not just for the athletic, artistic or for the young. Homemakers, physicists, philanthropists, lawyers, secretaries- ballet is more popular than ever among people of all ages.
2) Ballet offers both a break from daily life and a challenge with its own distinct mental and physical rewards.
3) In class you become a part of the grace and beauty you see on stage and it becomes part of you.
4) Ballet also provides a great workout, with lasting benefits of improving motor skills, toning, lengthening, stretching and does wonders for your posture!
5) Ballet, actually keeps your brain active, we listen and move along with music, remember the steps, keep up with the music timing, and coordinate the different body parts. For example, we exercise the left brain for getting the logic of the steps combinations; Right brain for interpreting the music and expressing our
body in an artistic manner; The upper rear portion of the brain for interpreting spatial relationship; and the lower part of the brain for memorizing the steps.
6) No dress code in adult class although ballet slippers or soft/light footwear is advised (no socks). Wear a T-shirt/wrap, sweater and sweatpants/a skirt.
The Class must be paid for at reception on attending. *Please note we only accept cash or card. We do not accept cheques.
These classes will introduce the classical ballet technique in a friendly, relaxed environment, aiming to be fun and exciting yet still challenging. The courses are designed to improve core strength, flexibility, coordination, posture, balance and general fitness through structured ballet exercises and sequences while allowing students to experience a range of ballet steps. (The Adult Ballet four week courses are non-syllabus classes)
WHAT TO WEAR?
Clothing suitable to see the body but also comfortable for the individual. Bare feet, ballet shoes , soft shoes/slippers or jazz shoes. No Trainers, character shoes or ballroom shoes!
Do you wish you had the chance to go back in time and put on ballet shoes again?
Or have you always wanted to try and never had the opportunity?
Ballet training gives a wonderful grounding from which to explore new styles with ease. It teaches the dancer how to control their posture and will strengthen those all-important core muscles.
These adult ballet courses offer a whole range of fantastic opportunities, from learning basic techniques to learning exciting and elegant routines. It doesn't matter if you have tones of experience, or none! You will be able to develop you skills and keep fit at the same time. Ballet can develop so many aspects of movement such as; control, balance, alignment, posture, flexibility and many more.
As well as developing your ballet technique, this is a place to have fun, socialise and meet new people. If you are interested and want to give it a go. Try it what have you got to lose!
If you are interested in taking part in Adult Ballet please let us know by email or telephone.